Yesterday I was stuck with a not-working TIBCO Portal, by virtue of the database settings (see my previous post!). While the portal wasn't working, I thought there's gotta be a better way to test this stuff - the install time into the TIBCO Portal is just tooooo long and cumbersome.
So, I downloaded Pluto and tried out deploying into the Portal Driver.
In summary - it's magic. Startup for the bundled Tomcat server is a few seconds, and you can run the shebang under Eclipse which makes debugging a breeze! I wish I'd discovered it sooner!
One thing that did cause me a bit of grief is the portlet.xml format. Make sure that you get the namespace and schema declarations correct (see the Troubleshooting part of the help view in Pluto's Admin Portlet for the correct one) and that you validate your XML before deploying. Some errors are not detected until portlet run time, so if your portlet is not working, check the portlet.xml first!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment